Admission and opening times
MuseumApril - September
Monday - ClosedOctober - March
Tuesday to Sunday: 10:00 to 16:00
Monday to Tuesday: Closed
Wednesday to Sunday : 11:00 to 15:30
School and other educational groups by appointment at other times.
Ken Hoole study centre opening times
Children's Activity Room
This room is open during museum opening hours. It is located next to the shop at Reception.
The Northern Rail Activity Room
The Northern Rail Activity Room is open for school use and for a variety of activities during school holidays and on event days.
- Adult - £4.95 per visit
- Over 60s - £3.75 per visit
- 6 - 16 years - £3.00 per visit
- 5 years and under - Free
- Family Pass - 2 Adults and up to 3 children per visit - £10.00
- Annual Membership - £10.00 (unlimited visits per year, eligible for ages 6 and above)
- Family Membership - £15.00 (unlimited visits per year, 2 Adults and up to 2 children)
Blue Peter Badge holders
Blue Peter Badge holders (between 6-15 years old) may visit the museum for free when accompanied by a full-paying adult.
Blue Peter website [external link]
Groups and coach parties
For groups of 10 or more you receive one free pass for every 10 paying visitors. For every group of 30 people or more the travel operator goes free too!
Entry to Head of Steam for pupils on school visits is free if pre-booked.
More information about The Learning Zone