Early Help Assessment
The Early Help Assessment is the single assessment used by Darlington’s multi agency partnerships that includes Schools, Colleges, Health, Childcare settings, voluntary sector and across all Children’s Social Care teams. The Early Help Assessment provides a standard and coordinated approach for practitioners across agencies and services and is designed to ensure that children, young people and their families receive the right support at an early stage to reduce the chance of escalation to a specialist services. This tool should be used at the earliest opportunity when a family’s needs are not being met by universal services.
If you have any queries about the families involved, the processes or have any training requests, please contact the Early Help Coordinator Kelly-Ann Reay on 01325 405635.
Forms and Documents
- Threshold Indicators [PDF document]
- CAP Referral Form [Word document]
- Early Help Assessment Part A [Word document]
- Early Help Assessment Part B [Word document]
- Team Around the Family Plan [Word document]
- Families Guide to Early Help Assessment leaflet [PDF document]
- Service request guidance [Word document]