McNay Street Children's Centre (Area 2)
Visit our events for children and young people page for information about what is going on at McNay Street as well as our other children's centres
|Mondays||Mothers to be||Ante Natal Clinic||Haughton||9am - 4pm||Please contact reception on 01325 406032 to make an appointment with Midwife|
|Wednesdays||Birth +||Baby Breastfeeding Club||McNay St||9:15am - 11am||Come and get your baby weighed. Friendly relaxed atmosphere, offering advice and support.|
|Thursdays||Birth +||Baby Breastfeeding Club||Haughton||1pm - 3pm||Come and get your baby weighed. Friendly relaxed atmosphere, offering advice and support|
Who's really in critical condition?
- Darlington Clinical Care Commissioning Group (CCG) and Healthwatch Darlington are keen to hear what you think about your local NHS. Come along and help shape a better model of care for Darlington. Follow this link to find out more [pdf document]
McNay Street children's centre is on Facebook [external link]
Darlington’s Big Community Switch
You could save money on your energy bills!
Darlington Borough Council is offering people another chance to join the Big Community Switch.
- Register for FREE with no obligation to switch
- Use a current bill in your name, or your partner’s name to register
- We’ll tell you how much you could save and you decide whether to switch
- Tell everyone - the more people who join, the more money you will save!
- Householders who switched saved an average £200/ year
- Businesses and Voluntary & Community organisations can also register for free
Registration for householders is open from 9 December 2014 to midnight 2 February 2015.
For further help, and personal 1 to 1 support to register, phone Phill at
Darlington Citizens Advice Bureau on 01325 256999 (ext. 122)
For more information online visit www.darlington.gov.uk/bigcommunityswitch
For more information on saving money on home energy visit www.darlington.gov.uk/home-energy
Big Community Switch leaflet [pdf document]
Big Community Switch, the twelve days of Christmas [pdf document]
- Morrison's trust - Support to help you get back into employment. Please call 01325 387700 to make an appointment. Wednesdays between 1:30-4:30pm
- Sensory room - please call 01325 406250 to book a session
- Early days - eight week course offering advice and support for new parents. Please call 01325 406250 to book
- Baby massage - learn the calming and soothing techniques of baby massge to aid bonding and attachment with your child. Eight weeks to four months. Please call reception on 01325 406250 to book a place on the course
- Parenting programmes - to help parents build nurturing skills and develop positive relationships with their children. Please call reception on 01325 406250 to book
- Parents group - meet other parents and have your say how the Children's Centre is run. Please call 01325 406032 for more information
- Baby club - friendly and relaxed sessions where you can weigh your baby and get support. Wednesdays 9:15-11am
- McNay Street children's centre is a safe place to be