Apprenticeships and Courses for Young People
Click on this link to see the current apprenticeship vacancies.
Delivered by Darlington Borough Council
- Are you 16-29 years old
- Live in the Tees Valley area
- Not in Education, Employment or Training
- And want to …GET AHEAD! GET A JOB! START YOUR CAREER
Our programme offers you an individual personal plan.
This can include working with your own mentor or as part of a group. We can offer careers advice, help you to create a CV, show you how to search for and apply for jobs, including apprenticeships, and develop those essential interview skills.
We can also offer support towards progression in education, training and employment and help to improve your Maths and English, or support with self-employment.
Financial support may be available.
For more information please contact: Tracey Laycock - Programme Officer on 01325 405898 / 07966 347401
All young people are now required to continue in education or training until their 18th birthday. This does not necessarily mean staying on in school. You can choose how you participate post-16, which could be through:
- Full-time education at a school, college, or other training provider, such as Learning & Skills (a minimum of 540 hours per year)
- An Apprenticeship
- Part-time education or training if you are employed, self-employed or volunteering for 20 hours or more a week
We offer high quality alternative provision for 14 – 16 year olds (including English and maths) at the Coleridge Centre – a safe and calm learning environment. Students work 1:1 or in small groups on a personalised timetable leading to accredited qualifications, including individual help to progress to post-16 learning or employment.