Civil Contingencies Unit
Local authorities have a legal duty to be able to manage emergencies which occur within their boundaries. Darlington Borough Council works through the Civil Contingencies Unit to ensure that all aspects of risk assessment, emergency planning, warning and informing the public and training and exercising for emergencies is carried out effectively. The Unit also supports the legal obligation of the Council to promote Business Continuity not only in its own activities but in the wider business and voluntary sector.
Darlington Borough Council works together with a wide range of emergency responders including the Police, Fire, Ambulance and other health services as well as Durham County Council to form the County Durham and Darlington Local Resilience Forum. This group, chaired by the Chief Constable, ensures that effective multi-agency arrangements are in place to cover a wide range of scenarios.
- Business continuity advice
- Risk Register
- Emergencies in Darlington town centre: What to do [pdf document]
- Rain and flooding
- Severe Weather – Met Office [external link]
- Protecting from fire – Fire Service [external link]
- Pandemic Influenza – Public Health England [external link]
- County Durham and Darlington Local Resilience Forum [external link]
- BBC News [external link]
Contact the County Durham and Darlington Civil Contingencies Unit
on 03000 264 645,