How to complain about food or food premises, what to do if you think you have been made ill
Food labelling and allergens
From 13 December 2014 The Food Information Regulations 2014 (FIR) will change the way that businesses provide nutritional and allergen information to consumers and make food labels clearer.
The Council is responsible for enforcement of Food Safety legislation in the Borough of Darlington (this includes Durham Tees Valley Airport and the villages of Hurworth, Neasham, Dinsdale, Middleton one Row, Middleton St George, Sadberge, Bishopton, Walworth, Heighington, Piercebridge, High Coniscliffe and Low Coniscliffe).
Contact a Food Safety Enforcement Officer by phoning 01325 405111, visiting the Call Centre at the town Hall or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. An officer will then respond to your request.
- Food Standards Agency [external link]
- Health Protection Agency [external link]
- Food safety on GOV.UK [external link]
- DEFRA [external link]
- Meat Hygiene Service [external link]
- Meat and Livestock Commission [external link]
- Chartered Institute of Environmental Health [external link]
- Royal Institute of Public Health and Hygiene [external link]
The Council has published an enforcement policy [pdf document] that relates to this work