Proposed New Housing for Blackwell
In 2015, the Council consulted Blackwell residents on proposals to allocate four sites on the former Blackwell Grange Golf Course for top-end executive housing. Since then, the Council has been collecting more information and undertaking various surveys and has worked closely with the Blackwell Neighbourhood Forum to develop a Planning and Development Brief for the site known as He4 [pdf document]. A Planning and Development Brief for Sites He 1, He 1a and He 3 will follow in due course.
Work on the draft Planning and Development Brief for site He 4 is now complete – it can be viewed online at here [pdf document] and also at the town’s libraries and Town Hall Contact Centre. As agreed by Members, the Council will now have a four week period where any further comments can be made – these will be taken into account before the Planning and Development Brief is considered by members through its Committee process. If you wish to make comments, please e mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org including your contact details and address or write to us at Planning Policy, Town Hall, Feethams, Darlington, DL1 5QT including your name and postal address so that your comments are received before the deadline date of 9 June 2016.
Following the consultation period, officers will consider the feedback and make any reasonable adjustments and report them to Members for consideration. The Planning and Development Brief will then be submitted to Cabinet for final determination.
Should Cabinet agree the brief, the Council’s Estates and Property Team will market the site for sale by Informal Tender with the benefit of the Planning and Development Brief. Once the preferred developer has been selected members of the public will have an opportunity to see their scheme proposals during the planning process when the developer consults with the public.
Previous Consultation – The Proposed New Housing for Blackwell Consultation, Summer 2015
Please note that this consultation did not relate to Neighbourhood Planning at Blackwell, more information on this can be viewed on the Neighbourhood Planning page.
- Responses 1 - 20 [pdf document]
- Responses 21 - 40 [pdf document]
- Responses 41 - 60 [pdf document]
- Responses 61 - 80 [pdf document]
- Responses 81 - 100 [pdf document]
- Responses 101 - 108 [pdf document]
- Responses 109 - 120 [pdf document]
- Responses 121 - 140 [pdf document]
- Responses 141 - 160 [pdf document]
- Responses 161 - 174 [pdf document]
The following consultation documents were provided:
- Consultation Leaflet [pdf document]
- Survey Material
- Tree Survey and Constraints Plans [pdf document]
- Tree Survey and Impact Assessment of Access Points [pdf document]
- Bat Survey [jpeg image]
- Access Points - Overall View [pdf document]
- Access Options [pdf document]
- Access numbering plan [pdf document]
- Bus stops [jpeg image]
- Cycle routes [jpeg image]
- Contamination and Noise Advice for Proposed Housing at Blackwell [word document]
- Drainage Philosophy (Hydrology) [pdf document]
- Utilities plan [pdf document]
- Environment [jpeg image]
- Statement of significance [pdf document]
- Features of Significance [pdf document]
- Meeting Documents