We all have a role to play to ensure we recycle as much as possible and in the right way. We have to pay to dispose of contaminated recycling (where things are put in the wrong recycling bin) but we get paid for every tonne of recycling we process - money that can be spent on other Council services that benefit us all.
When thinking what to recycle there are some simple rules to follow:
- You can print out a copy of the poster here to stick on your wall or fridge as a handy reminder. [pdf document]
- For more detail about exactly what you can and can't recycle click here. [pdf document]
- For WRAP's (waste and resources action programme) guidelines on recycling click here [pdf document]
What to put where
We run two recycling scheme, depending on where you live in the Borough. What you put where depends on what type of bin we have provided for you.
If you have a:
- Black wheeled bin - general waste
- Wheeled bin with green lid - cans, tins, aerosols, plastics, juice cartons/Tetrapak and foil
- Caddy in your bin - paper and cardboard
- Green box - glass
- Green caddy - cans, tins, aerosols, plastics, juice cartons/Tetrapak and foil
- Blue bag - paper and cardboard.