We all have a role to play to ensure we recycle as much as possible and in the right way. We have to pay to dispose of contaminated recycling (where things are put in the wrong recycling bin) but we get paid for every tonne of recycling we process - money that can be spent on other Council services that benefit us all.
When thinking what to recycle there are some simple rules to follow:
What to put where
We run two recycling scheme, depending on where you live in the Borough. What you put where depends on what type of bin we have provided for you. If you have a:
- Black wheeled bin - general waste
- Wheeled bin with green lid - cans, tins, aerosols, plastics, juice cartons/Tetrapak and foil
- Caddy in your bin - paper and cardboard
- Green box - glass
- Green caddy - cans, tins, aerosols, plastics, juice cartons/Tetrapak and foil
- Blue bag - paper and cardboard.
If you are unsure which scheme you are on click here and enter your postcode.
If you have any questions that aren't answered in this FAQ - please call 01325 405111 or email email@example.com