Contact Us

If you or somebody you know over the age of 18 needs support from Adult Social Care, you can either fill in the request for support form [online form, opens in new window], telephone us on 01325 406111 or write to the address below. If you contact us by phone one of our staff will try to give you the advice and information you need. If they cannot help you they will try to redirect you to someone who can.

Normal office hours are:

  • Monday to Thursday 8:30am-5pm
  • Friday 8:30am-4:30pm.

If you need help in an emergency outside normal office opening hours, the Emergency Duty Team can be contacted on 08702 402994 or text 07826 903165.

Adult Social Care
Central House
Gladstone Street

Telephone: 01325 406111
Fax: 01325 406824
Minicom: 01325 468504

If you or somebody you know is under the age of 18, please visit the Children's Social Care pages

Documents including leaflets, plans and records will be made available on request to Adult Social Care in Braille, large print, audio and easy read. We can also make information available in other languages.

If you would like to tell us what you think about the services we provide, please visit the Complaints, Compliments and Comments pages

Other local Social Care contacts

Durham Council - 0845 8505010
Durham Social Care Direct [external link]

Hartlepool Council - 01429 523872
Hartlepool Health and Social Care [external link]

Middlesbrough Council - 01642 726004
Middlesbrough Health and Social Care [external link]

North Yorkshire Council - 0845 0349410
North Yorkshire Health and Social Care [external link]

Stockton Council - 01642 52776
Stockton Social Care [external link]

Redcar and Cleveland Council - 01642 771500
Redcar and Cleveland Social Care Services [external link]

Interpreters and Translation

If you do not speak or read English, there are other ways in which we can communicate with you. We can also arrange for leaflets and plans about your care to be translated into your chosen language.

British Sign Language (BSL)

There is a duty team available every Tuesday at Adult Social Care, Central House, Darlington, with a BSL signer available to help with any enquiries. If you need to communicate with social care staff at other times, arrangements can be made to book an interpreter to be present at your appointment.

Telephone: 01325 406222 (option 4)
Textphone: 01325 468504

If you need help in an emergency outside office hours you can send a text to the Emergency Duty Team on 07826 903165 (text only).

Spoken languages other than English

When you visit Adult Social Care we can show you a card which has different languages on it. You can then point to your language and we can contact an interpreter for you. Alternatively if you telephone us, it would help if you could give us your name, telephone number and the language you wish to speak.
The staff will then telephone a translation service which will put you in contact with someone who speaks your language. The interpreter will tell us what you say so that we understand what help you need. Through the interpreter we will tell you if we are able to help and what help that will be. If we are not able to help we will try to put you in touch with someone who can.