For people living with HIV and AIDS and their carers support is available from Darlington Adult Social Services. 

 It may include:

  • Information on HIV and AIDS, other organisations available to support you, and issues such as  benefits, housing, leisure and work or practical support in your home (such as help with washing, dressing, meal preparation)
  • Equipment and adaptations to your home
  • Short breaks for you and your carer

The range of support available depends on individual circumstances and in order to work out how much, and what type of, support you need, an assessment will be carried out.

You can find out more information about the assessment process

For more information, you can contact the Specialist HIV/AIDS worker. Telephone 01325 346719.

How Much Does it Cost?

There may be a cost for your services. This will depend on the type and amount of support you receive.

Can I Get Help With the Cost?

To see if you can get help towards the cost of your care, a financial assessment will need to be carried out. You can find out more information on the financial assessment 

Other Ways to Get Support

There are a number of options available for you to choose how the support you need is provided.

Personal Budgets are available to people who have been assessed as requiring a support package. You can find more information on the Personal Budgets webpages

Get in touch with Us

Useful contacts

Care Quality Commission
Citygate, Gallowgate, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 4PA
Telephone: 03000 616161
Fax: 03000 616172
Email: or visit the website [external link]