Children First Response Team
The team deals with safeguarding concerns, where someone is concerned about the safety or well-being of a child or adult, or thinks they may be at risk of harm.
Anybody can raise a concern, whether they are a professional or a member of the public.
How does it work?
- The team acts as the first point of contact for new safeguarding concerns or enquiries.
- Staff will collate information from their respective agencies and other relevant agencies to build up a picture of the risks to the child/vulnerable adult.
- A manager from either Children’s or Adult’s Social Care will make the final decision as to what action is taken.
- The team will provide advice to people making referrals about thresholds and subsequent action or signposting to appropriate services.
Who is involved?
The team involves representatives from:
- Darlington Borough Council (adult and children's social care)
- Durham Constabulary
- Health organisations
Links exist to other services and agencies such as probation, housing, youth offending, contacts, early intervention and young people's services.
Can information be shared without permission?
Yes, if someone is being hurt or may be hurt in the future, or the information may help to help or solve a crime.
What safeguards are in place to protect information shared by the team?
Each agency has signed up to an information sharing agreement which outlines when, how and under what circumstances information can be shared.
What benefits will the team bring?
- Fast and consistent responses to safeguarding concerns about vulnerable children and adults.
- The team will contribute to improved outcomes for safeguarding children and vulnerable adults.
- Greater ability to identify potential vulnerability enabling preventative action to be taken.
- Closer partnership working, clearer accountability and less duplication.
- A more straightforward and responsive process to raising concerns.
You can call the Children First Response Team between 8:30am-5pm Monday to Thursday, and 8:30am-4:30pm on Fridays.
- Children and young people: 01325 742020 / email@example.com
- Adults: 01325 406111 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Outside of these hours, please call The Emergency Duty Team on 01642 524552 or Minicom 01642 602346
In an emergency always call 999.