No Second Night Out
Contact housing options or the 700 Club if you are a rough sleeper or wish to report someone rough sleeping on 01325 405333 or 01642 524552 (emergency out of hours) or by e-mailing email@example.com
You can also contact StreetLink by completing the short webform [external link] or by telephoning the national helpline on 0300 500 0914. These details will be relayed to us.
The 700 Club aims to make sure that no-one new to the street has to spend more than one night sleeping rough, with the vision of ending rough sleeping in the North East.
Housing options and the 700 Club are working in partnership to implement a No Second Night Out approach to tackling rough sleeping.
the 700 Club is a national initiative, based on a London pilot which started in 2011. The approach was launched by North East councils on 11 December 2012.
The five key principles of the 700 Club are:
- Identify rough sleepers and help them immediately
- Encourage a community response by helping the public to report when they see rough sleepers
- Assess rough sleepers needs quickly and safely
- Access emergency accommodation and other services to help support the rough sleeper
- Reconnecting to support, accommodation, family and friends, in this country or elsewhere
http://www.streetlink.org.uk/ [external link]