Dalkeith House details [pdf document]
Scheme Leader - Penny Ivison - 01325 355770
The care packages at the Extra Care buildings is provided by an external provider called Making Space. If you have an enquiry that relates specifically to care within Dalkeith House and you wish to speak directly with the care team on site, please telephone 01325 366460.
Dalkeith House offers a very high standard of unfurnished self-contained accommodation with a range of additional services such as extensive communal facilities, Lifeline service and on site home care.
24 Hour help at hand
there is a care team on site at all times, including a sleepover shift.
the Council offer a 24 hour, 7 day a week lifeline call service 365 days per year
each apartment has a lifeline call system installed, which is linked, directly to the Manager's office or to our control centre when the Manager is off duty
should you require help either the manager or the Emergency Response officers will attend
Who can live here?
If you are over 50 years old (in most cases) and are physically and mentally frail and are eligible for Social Services help so that for example:
live in residential care but would prefer to have your own front door
have a condition which could get worse over time
Your current home is no longer suitable to meet your needs; or your partner fulfils the above criteria
What does Dalkeith House have to offer?
38 unfurnished self-contained one bedroom apartments, 12 of which are for two persons. There is also 1 two-bedroom flat
- living room
- fully fitted kitchen
- bathroom with level entry shower
- lift to upper floor
- all areas are wheelchair standard
- central heating
- double glazing
- laundry room
- all properties are safe and secure
- all outer doors are alarmed and there is restricted access to flats with a keypad entry system
- delightful garden area with seating for residents and visitors
- car parking
Additional amenities in the central arcade at Dalkeith House include:
- guest room with en-suite facilities
- lunchtime dining - lunch and dessert is available for only £4.33 for residents paid through their rent and £5.20 for visitors to the scheme. You only have to give 24 hours notice to invite family and friends.
- electric wheelchair recharge with storage area
- assisted bathing suite with spa bath and flat floor shower
- hairdresser with fully equipped treatment room
- coffee morning
- book club
- Christian service once a month
Full list of Activities [word document]
Dalkeith House, Tees Grange Avenue, Darlington DL3 8DB. Situated on the Mowden Estate in the West End of Darlington.
If you would like to arrange a viewing please contact the relevant Scheme Manager directly. The full list of Schemes and Managers can be viewed here [pdf document]