Oban Court has been extensively refurbished to a very high standard standard of unfurnished self-contained accommodation with a range of additional services such as a wide and spacious hall area, communal facilities, dining area with coffee bar, and all apartments have new kitchens and easy access showers installed.
Who Can Live Here?
If you live in the Darlington area and:
- are over 50 years old (in most cases)
- are physically or mentally frail and are eligible for Social Services help, for example
- have a chronic condition which is likely to get worse over time
- your current home is no longer suitable to meet your needs; or your partner fulfils the above criteria
What does Oban Court have to offer?
- 31 one bedroom unfurnished self-contained apartments on ground and first floors
- entrance hall is spacious with storage cupboard and illuminated mirror
- living room
- fully fitted kitchen
- bathroom with level entry shower
- all wheelchair friendly
- central heating
- double glazing
- laundry room
- door entry system
- A hot two course lunch is provided every day for all residents. Lunch and desert is available for £5.20 for residents paid through their rent and £5.20 for visitors to the scheme (24 hours notice must be given). All new tenants to the schemes are eligible for the costs of the meals. For those in receipt of full Housing Benefit a reduction may apply.
We offer a 24 hour, 7 day a week call service 365 days per year. Each apartment has a Lifeline call system installed, which is linked, directly to the Manager's office or to our control centre when the Manager is off duty. Should you require help either the Manager or the Emergency Response officers will attend.
Additional amenities include:
- assisted bathing
- coffee bar
- hairdressing salon
- health and exercise room
- guest room
- several seating areas
- GEM (gentle exercises)
- health and beauty day
- cash bingo
- coffee morning
- visits from St. Andrew's Church for 'Tea and Praise'
- visiting mini grocery shop
- Oban Court is opposite the Asda Supermarket and next to a Doctors Surgery and Chemist
- it is within a ten minute walk of Haughton Village
- St Andrews C.O.E and St Anne's RC and Methodist Chapel
- fish Shop/take-away
- two Local Public Houses and Workingmen's club
- Regular bus services operate directly outside the building and go to the Town Centre through Haughton Road and Asda and Morrison supermarkets.
How much does it cost?
Rents vary but are inclusive of water rates, service charges and scheme manager support. You may qualify for housing benefit and supporting people grant. A 2 course lunch time meal is provided and this is charged in addition to the rent.
Whinbush Way, Darlington, DL1 3PT