Good Neighbour Schemes
How to apply
You can apply online with COMPASS. Alternatively, call us on 01325 405333 to make an appointment at the Town Hall where we can help you complete your application
What does the Scheme Manager do?
- Your Scheme Manager will contact you daily Monday to Friday (excluding Bank Holidays) visit you in your home, ensure you are familiar with the building, the communal facilities, services available and how to use them
- Help to organise social, leisure and health activities within the scheme for those who choose to take part, helping you to maintain an active and independent life
- Ensure the property is well maintained and that you know how to make the best use of the equipment provided such as heating, intercom and door entry systems
- With your permission liaise with family networks, statutory, voluntary and private agencies to ensure your needs are met
- Report and monitor repairs and maintenance work
- Assess needs and in consultation with the residents liaise with their families, statutory, voluntary and private agencies to ensure your needs are met
- Treat you with courtesy, honesty, equality and fairness. Listen and respect your confidentiality
- Co-ordinate and give advice, though not directly provide services, such as shopping, cleaning, cooking, personal and nursing care.
- Be easily identifiable by wearing a uniform
The Council offer a 24 hour, 7 day a week call service 365 days per year. Each apartment has a Lifeline call system installed, which is linked, directly to the Scheme Manager's office or to our control centre when the Manager is off duty. Should you require help either the Manager or the Emergency Response Officers will attend.