The Focus Group is the name of GOLD’s management committee and is made of elected volunteer members. They meet regularly and prioritise GOLD’s workload.
The Chair of GOLD is Terry Taylor who was elected in April 2014.
The Focus Group is elected or appointed at the Annual General Meeting (AGM). There are up to twelve places. Any GOLD Member can be nominated by any other GOLD member.
Focus group minutes
- June 2014 [pdf document]
- May 2014 [pdf document]
- April 2014 [pdf document]
- February 2014 [pdf document]
- January 2014 [pdf document]
- October 2013 [pdf document]
- September 2013 [pdf document]
- August 2013 [pdf document]
- July 2013 [pdf document]
- June 2013 [pdf document]
- May 2013 [pdf document]
- April 2013 [pdf document]
- March 2013 [pdf document]
- February 2013 [pdf document]
- January 2013 [pdf document]
We have known for some time that our Council funding will end next year. We are therefore looking at what we would like to happen in the future. A small project group has been meeting to make plans. We have identified three possible options for the future:
- End GOLD altogether
- GOLD to become part of another organisation, or
- GOLD to become its own organisation, led and organised only by volunteers (who could seek grant funding for activities and potential staff).
After discussion with active members, we have identified the best way forward for us is for GOLD to try to become part of or work within another organisation. We wrote to organisations we thought might be interested, explaining about our identity, our aims and activities, and what we offer. Discussions are now ongoing with one organisation, which would like to continue the work of GOLD, subject to being able to secure suitable funding.
However, if this is not possible, GOLD will end on 31st March 2015, when the Darlington Borough Council funding ends.
For more information and to complete the Equality Impact Assessment Form [pdf document] to identify what the positive and negative impacts of this would be for you, follow this link