Children and Young People's Plan
We want to make sure that all children and young people growing up in Darlington get the best start in life, for example you feel safe, are healthy, are achieving at school, and grow up in a caring community and enjoy life.
There is a plan in place called the Children and Young People’s Plan (CYPP) which sets out how we can achieve this. This plan is currently being re-written. What you think is important to us and we would like you to tell us what it is like growing up in Darlington and we will use this feedback when we are writing the plan.
There are a number stages to the creation of the plan.
- First we will be talking to lots of different people and partner organisations to understand their views on what should be included in the plan. You can give us your views via our online survey.
- We'll then draft a plan that reflects the feedback received and considers constraints that we need to work with (such as timescales and limited budgets).
- The draft plan will then be made available for wider public consultation. It will show our proposed priorities, and we'll invite people to give us their views on these priorities along with alternative suggestions.
- Following the consultation we'll review the feedback and consider changes to the plan.
- The updated plan will then go to the Health and Well Being Board for approval prior to implementation.
We’re currently in the information gathering stage, so please spare a moment of your time to give us your views via the online survey.