There are several websites that can provide great advice and case studies:
- The Local Government Association gives advice on local government issues http://www.local.gov.uk/ [external website]
- The New Local Government Network is a thinktank that provides research publications and examples of best practice from around the country on local government policy. They also organise many events and conferences concerning government policy. http://www.nlgn.org.uk/public/ [external website]
- The Kings Fund is a think tank around improvements to the health system and public health.http://www.kingsfund.org.uk/ [external website]
- The Public Health Outcomes Framework details the health of the population from national to local level http://www.phoutcomes.info/ [external website]
- A similar website to Public Health Outcomes Framework is Health profiles which can help a person understand their community's health issues and compare to other areas http://www.apho.org.uk/default.aspx?QN=P_HEALTH_PROFILES [external website]
- http://www.localgov.co.uk/ [external website] provides news stories around central and local government.