The impact of Coronavirus/Covid-19 on the Registration Service
As at 11th May, 2020.
Following the government’s latest update on the Coronavirus/Covid-19 outbreak the effect on Register Office Services is:
- It is still not possible to register a birth.
- It is still not possible to be married or have a civil partnership
- It is still not possible to give notice of marriage or civil partnership
- It is still not possible to have a Citizenship Ceremony.
- Death Registrations are being held via telephone rather than in person and the register office will help you through the process of registering a death.
- You can obtain a copy birth, death or marriage certificate by applying online only. You cannot visit the register office to apply in person.
The Register Office understands the difficulties and anxieties that you might have at this time of changes and uncertainty resulting from the Coronavirus/Covid-19 outbreak. Information about each of our services has been updated to reflect the impact but please do not hesitate to contact us if your question or query cannot be answered from the website.
You can contact us at: