Business rates online
Create your Business Rates Online account by clicking the blue heading above and following the instructions to either register or sign if you have an existing account. Once you have created an account you can:
- Sign up to e-billing
- download printable copies of your Business Rates bills
- See payments due and any already paid on your account (payments show the working day after they are received by us)
- Discounts, exemptions and reliefs on your account
- Rateable Values
To inform us of a change of address please visit our online forms pages.
To create your online account you will need:
- Your ONLINE KEY from your most recent Business Rates bill. This is located near the top right of your bill. If you have multiple bills for the same address only your most recent Online Key will be valid.
- Your 11 digit payment reference number shown above your name and address on your bill. In some cases the 11th ‘digit’ may be an X which should NOT be included in the signing up process.
- Your first and last name or company name if you are the liable party
Once you have created your online account you will only need your username and password to access your account
Switch to paperless billing
If you would like to switch to paperless billing you can do so by signing in to your Business Rates online account. Once signed in you can choose to switch to paperless billing and all future bill notifications will be sent to you by email. Your bill notification emails will contain a link to Business Rates online and you will just need your username and password to access your information.
You will need a valid email address that we can send your notifications to. Once signed up we will send all future Business Rates bill notifications to this address. If you change email address you can log in and update your account any time.
If you want to inform us of a change of address, apply for a discount, exemption or relief or you would like to switch to Direct Debit please visit our Council tax or business rates online forms pages.
Property rateable value enquiries
You can use Council Tax Online to check the band of any property in the Darlington Borough Council area. You just need the postcode or street name to do this.
Having difficulty accessing your account? See our Troubleshooting information [pdf document].
If you don’t have a bill with an online key you can request one by filling in our online form and choosing the reason for your enquiry as Copy Bill.
- Council tax online key (e-form opens in a new window)
- Business rates online key (e-form opens in a new window)