Business rates online
Create your business rates online account by clicking the green button above.
Follow the instructions to either register or sign if you have an existing account.
Once you have created an account you can:
- sign up to e-billing
- download printable copies of your business rates bills
- see payments due and any already paid on your account
- see discounts, exemptions, and reliefs on your account
- view rateable values
Payments show the working day after we receive them.
To inform us of a change of address please visit business rates online forms.
To create your online account, you will need:
- Your online key from your most recent business rates bill. you can find this near the top right of your bill. If you have several bills for the same address only your most recent online key will be valid.
- Your 11-digit payment reference number shown above your name and address on your bill. In some cases, the 11th ‘digit’ may be an X. Do not include this in the signing up process.
- Your first and last name or company name if you are the liable party.
Once you have created your account you will only need your username and password to login.
Switch to paperless billing
To switch to paperless billing sign into your business rates online account.
- you will need a valid email address where we can send your notifications
- you will receive all future billing notifications by email
- your billing notification email will contain a link to business rates online
If you change email address you can update your account at any time.
If you want to:
- inform us of a change of address
- apply for a discount, exemption, or relief
- switch to Direct Debit
Property rateable value enquiries
You can use council tax online to check the band of any property in the Darlington Borough Council area. You will need the postcode or street name.
Having difficulty accessing your account? See our troubleshooting information [pdf document].
If you don’t have a bill with an online key, you can request one.
Fill in our online form and choose the reason for your enquiry as copy bill.