Small Business Grant Fund
Darlington Borough Council has written to a number of businesses to apply for the Small Business Grants recently announced by the Government.
The businesses who will qualify are:
- Businesses receiving Small Business Rates Relief for a property that they occupy, or
- Businesses in the retail, hospitality and leisure sectors for a property that they occupy, with a rateable value less than £51,000.
Only the businesses that will qualify have been sent a letter. Please do not contact the Council if you do not meet the criteria above.
If you think you may qualify for the grant, but have not received a letter, please send us an on-line business rates enquiry form with the details.
Businesses have been sent letters to their business address or contact address. This is the address we normally send the Business Rates bill to.
If you are unable to access this address in the current circumstances, please contact us. The best way to do this is by completing an on-line enquiry form.
You can also call us on 01325 405666, but please be aware that telephone lines are extremely busy at this time.
Please note that if you are contacting the Council about the Small Business Grant, you must provide us with:
- Your Business Rates reference number, which can be found on your Business Rates bill, and
- The full address of the business premises.
We will not be able to provide any information or advice without these details.
Problems with accessing the on-line form?
- Please ensure you have typed the website address correctly; most of the enquiries we have received about access problems have been because of this.
- Try a different device to access the website. Some customers have found this has also solved the problem.
- Try at a different time. Because we have so many people trying to access the site at the same time, this has caused some response issues.