Behaviour and Attendance
Alternative Education Framework
The 11 - 19 Partnership maintains a framework of alternative education providers for use by secondary schools in Darlington. Providers can, subject to Partnership approval, apply at any time to enter the framework by completing the form below.
Darlington Alternative Provision Offer [pdf document]
The framework is for use by schools where they are seeking alternative education for children and young people who are excluded from school or otherwise educated outside of the school setting. It does not guarantee that any services will be commissioned by schools.
Schools and Alternative Education Providers will be subject to the requirements in the Alternative Education Provider Handbook which comprises the 11-19 Collaborative Protocols. Both parties are also required to have a service level agreement in place for each pupil placed.
The catalogue below provides details of the programmes on offer. If schools wish further clarification of specific programmes they should contact the provider direct.
Alternative Education Catalogue 2019 - 2021 [pdf document]
Prospective Alternative Education Providers should be aware of the DFE's guidance on alternative provision and the requirements for the registration as an independent school [pdf document].
Any questions about the framework should be directed to Paul Richardson, Head of 16-19 (Learning and Skills), [email protected]
Rise Carr College Safeguarding Policy [pdf document]
- Appendix 1 Roles responsibilities and entitlements [pdf document]
- Appendix 2 Signs and symptoms of abuse [pdf document]
- Appendix 3 Behaviour guidelines for staff and volunteers [pdf document]
- Appendix 4 Children's access point leaflet February 2017 [pdf document]
- Appendix 5 multi agency referral form January [pdf document]
- Appendix 6 Darlington information sharing protocol August 2018 [pdf document]
- Appendix 7 Information sharing 2018 [pdf document]
- Appendix 8 The eight golden rules for information sharing [pdf document]
- Appendix 9 The brook traffic light tool [pdf document]
- Appendix 10 Guidance on sexting incidents [pdf document]
- Appendix 11 Responding and managing sexting incidents [pdf document]
- Appendix 12 Sexual harassment and sexual violence advice [pdf document]
Vulnerable Pupil Panel
This Vulnerable Pupil Panel Protocol [pdf document] was agreed at the Vulnerable Pupil Panel (VPP) meeting on 7th December 2018.