Cooking on a Budget
Who is this course for?
This course is for anybody aged 19+ who wants to learn how to create simple and cheap meals.
- Aged 19+
- Have the right to live and work in the UK
- Reside in the DL or TS postcode area, or within commuting distance of Darlington
What is the curriculum intent of this course?
This course will support you in being able to create delicious meals on a budget, meal plan and support with money saving top tips.
What will the course cover?
- Family Fillers - 'Pasticcio' (Greek lasagne)
- Takeaways for less - Pizzas with sides
- Rice week - Chinese Fried Rice and 'proper' Chilli-con-Carne
- Pies - deep filled pies with a filling of your choice
- Love leftovers - vegetable treats using uneaten vegetables
- Sunday roast for less than a tenner
Free slow cooker
Thanks to the Multiply programme, a select number of Cooking on a Budget courses offer a free slow cooker for every learner subject to the following terms and conditions:
- You attend every lesson
- You fully complete all elements of the course
- You have not previously received a free item from an alternative course
Please note that not ever Cooking on a Budget course offers the free slow cooker.
What could I do when I have finished this course?
You could progress onto one of our many other courses, such as Distance Learning or CPD courses that will be made available to you.
Where and when will I learn?
Please refer to the timetable for course dates, times and venues.
What do I need to bring with me?
You will not need to bring anything along to these sessions just roll your sleeves up and try something new or develop an existing skill.
How much will the course cost?
This course is free of charge.
What do I do next?
If you require help with the form please contact us on 01325 405601, 07932 869325 or l&[email protected].