Introduction to Customer Service (in partnership with EE)
Who is this course for?
This course is suitable for people who would like to gain customer service skills and interview skills in order to obtain employment with EE in Darlington. This course is run in partnership with EE for job seekers in the local area.
- Aged 19+
- Have the right to live and work in the UK
- Reside in the DL postcode area
- You must be unemployed and seeking employment
What is the curriculum intent of this course?
To develop positive customer service skills to use in the workplace and learn important skills to use in interviews to help you gain employment. You will receive help applying for a customer service job within EE on this course and this course grants you access to a fast-track interview with EE.
What will the course cover?
The course covers:
- Tuesday - Customer Service Skills
- Wednesday - Customer Service Skills
- Thursday - Interview Skills and visit from EE staff
- Friday - EE tour. At the end of the course you will receive a guided tour of the EE site in Darlington
What could I do when I have finished this course?
After the successful completion of this course you can study any of our Level 2 accredited Distance Learning or any of our unaccredited Continuing Professional Development (CPD) courses to help you upskill in your future role.
Where and when will I learn?
Please refer to the timetable for course dates and times before applying.
This course is delivered at L&S Bennet House, 14 Horsemarket, Darlington Market Square, DL1 5PT (the old Citizens Advice Building).
What do I need to bring with me?
- a notepad
- a pen (or a digital device) to take notes
- a file to store your work
How much will the course cost?
This course is free of charge.