Introduction to Engineering (in partnership with Cummins)
Who is this course for?
This course is suitable for people who would like to gain engineering skills and interview skills in order to obtain employment with Cummins in Darlington. This course is ran in partnership with Cummins for job seekers in the local area.
- Aged 19+
- Have the right to live and work in the UK
- Reside in the DL or TS postcode area, or within commuting distance of Darlington
- You must be unemployed and seeking employment
What is the curriculum intent of this course?
To develop vital engineering skills to use in the workplace and learn important skills to use in interviews to help you gain employment. You will receive help applying for an engineering job within Cummins on this course and this course grants you access to a fast-track interview with Cummins.
What will the course cover?
The course covers:
- Understand how to work safely on a production line and the potential consequences of not working safely to both the learner and others
- Complete the Health and Safety CPD course
- Learn the principles of the 5S methodology to working practice and how to implement them in everyday working life
- Engage in a site tour with a meet and greet opportunity with the plant manager and meet other colleagues
- Shadow a colleague while they work on an engine or production line
- Best practice in interview techniques to raise your confidence
What could I do when I have finished this course?
After this course has concluded, you can apply for a role at Cummins, join an engineering apprenticeship or join other adult learning and accredited courses, including Functional Skills in English, Maths or ICT with Learning & Skills Darlington.
Where and when will I learn?
Please refer to the timetable for course dates and times before applying.
This course will take place at the Cummins plant in Darlington.
What do I need to bring with me?
- pen and paper
How much will the course cost?
This course is free of charge.
What do I do next?
If you require help with the form please contact us on 01325 405601, 07932 869325 or l&[email protected].