Computers for beginners
Who is this course for?
For people who feel like they are being left behind in the digital age.
People who may have had little to no interaction with using:
- other devices
- the internet
You need to:
- be aged 19+
- be a Darlington or Teesside resident
- have a very basic ability to communicate in English
What is the curriculum intent of this course?
- develop knowledge on the basic use of digital devices and the internet
- help those who feel digitally excluded or disadvantaged,
- emphasise how important it is to remain vigilant when accessing the internet
What will the course cover?
The course will cover the very basics of using a digital device and the internet.
Topics include but are not limited to:
- switching devices on and off
- adjusting displays to suit your needs
- accessing the internet
- browsing the internet
- staying safe online
- creating documents
- editing, saving and printing documents
What could I do when I have finished this course?
We will give you information on progression to after you finish the course.
We guide you to further learning opportunities based on your interests and needs.
When you finish this course, you can progress to:
- functional skills ICT at entry level
- any of our other digital ICT courses
Where and when will I learn?
This course will take place at Darlington Library.
Please refer to our timetable for course dates and times.
What do I need to bring with me?
For classroom based sessions please bring:
- a pen (or if you are confident digital device to take notes)
- a file to store your work
How much will the course cost?
This course is free of charge.
What do I do next?
For more information, or to book a place, please contact the learning & skills team:
- call or text: 07932 869325
- email: l&[email protected]