Introduction to business start up
Who is this course for?
Thinking about setting your own business, as either a main or side income?
This course is for those with no prior or limited experience of business.
There are no academic entry requirements.
You will need a device with a microphone, camera and internet.
What is the curriculum intent of this course?
The course provides an introduction to owning your own business.
Helping you develop an business idea to the proposed implementation stage.
What will the course cover?
- Week 1: Foundation – Personality, business models and develop ideas.
- Week 2: Exploration – Assessing the market and competition, case Studies and develop ideas.
- Week 3: Tools – Funding methods, support for businesses and develop final idea.
What could I do when I have finished this course?
Progress onto further courses to develop the skills you need for business. For example social media, marketing and ICT skills.
Where and when will I learn?
This course will take place either in a classroom or online using Google Classroom.
Please refer to our timetable for course dates and times.
What do I need to bring with me?
For classroom based sessions please bring;
- a pen (or a digital device to take notes)
- a file to store your work.
For online courses you will need access to the internet and an internet enabled device on which you can access Google Classroom.
How much will the course cost?
This course is free.
What do I do next?
For more information, or to book a place, please contact the learning & skills team: