Introduction to Customer Service (in partnership with Student Loans Company)
Who is this course for?
This course is suitable for people who would like to gain customer service skills and interview skills in order to obtain employment with Student Loans Company (SLC) in Darlington. This course is ran in partnership with Student Loans Company (SLC) for job seekers in the local area.
- Aged 19+
- Have the right to live and work in the UK
- Reside in the DL or TS postcode area, or within commuting distance of Darlington
- You must be unemployed and seeking employment
What is the curriculum intent of this course?
To develop positive customer service skills to use in the workplace and learn important skills to use in interviews to help you gain employment. You will receive help applying for a customer service job within SLC on this course and this course grants you access to a fast-track interview with SLC.
What will the course cover?
The course covers:
- Tuesday - Customer Service Skills
- Wednesday - Customer Service Skills
- Thursday - Interview Skills and visit from SLC staff
- Friday - SLC tour. At the end of the course you will receive a guided tour of the SCL site in Darlington
What could I do when I have finished this course?
After the successful completion of this course you can study any of our Level 2 accredited Distance Learning or any of our unaccredited Continuing Professional Development (CPD) courses to help you upskill in your future role.
Where and when will I learn?
Tuesday 24 - Friday 27 January, 10am-3pm, 1 week
This course is classroom based at YEI Darlington, 193 Northgate (behind La Roma Pizza), Darlington, DL1 1UB.
What do I need to bring with me?
- a notepad
- a pen (or a digital device) to take notes
- a file to store your work
How much will the course cost?
This course is free of charge.
What do I do next?
Please refer to the timetable for course dates and times before applying.