Introduction to Warehousing (in partnership with Aldi)
Who is this course for?
This course is suitable for people who would like to gain and develop warehousing skills in order to obtain employment with Aldi in Darlington. This course is ran in partnership with Aldi for job seekers in the local area.
- Aged 19+
- Have the right to live and work in the UK
- Reside in the DL or TS postcode area, or within commuting distance of Darlington
- You must be unemployed and seeking employment
What is the curriculum intent of this course?
To develop warehousing skills and learn important skills to use in interviews to help you gain employment. You will receive help applying for a customer service job within Aldi on this course and this course grants you access to a fast-track interview with Aldi.
What will the course cover?
The course covers:
- Tuesday - Warehousing Skills
- Wednesday - Warehousing Skills
- Thursday - Interview Skills
- Friday - Aldi tour and interview. At the end of the course you will receive a guided tour of the Aldi site in Darlington and an opportunity to interview for a warehousing position. You must be at Aldi by 6am on the Friday.
What could I do when I have finished this course?
After the successful completion of this course you can study any of our Level 2 accredited Distance Learning or any of our unaccredited Continuing Professional Development (CPD) courses to help you upskill in your future role.
Where and when will I learn?
Tuesday 13 - Friday 16 December, 10am-3pm, 1 week
Tuesday 17 - Friday 20 January, 10am-3pm, 1 week
Tuesday 14 - Friday 17 February, 10am-3pm, 1 week
Tuesday 14 - Friday 17 March, 10am-3pm, 1 week
You can only attend one of the above courses. This course is classroom based at YEI Darlington, 193 Northgate (behind La Roma Pizza), Darlington, DL1 1UB.
What do I need to bring with me?
- a notepad
- a pen (or a digital device) to take notes
- a file to store your work
How much will the course cost?
This course is free of charge.
What do I do next?
Please refer to the timetable for course dates and times before applying.