Working with Children and Young People in Health and Social Care Settings
Who is this course for?
This course is suitable for people who would like to work with children and young people and anyone with and a passion for making a difference in the lives of children, young people and families.
This course will challenge and push you to examine your values and beliefs. You must be keen, motivated and enthusiastic.
It will give you the next step on the ladder towards your goal of working with children, young people and families.
- Aged 19+
- Have the right to live and work in the UK
- Reside in the DL or TS postcode area, or within commuting distance of Darlington
What is the curriculum intent of this course?
To develop learners’ knowledge and awareness of health, social care and children’s and young people’s settings. And for those who wish to develop an understanding of the similarities and differences between these settings. This qualification provides pathways into the sector for anyone considering a career in health and/or social care, and provides an opportunity for learners to develop knowledge about the wider health and social care sector before they decide whether working in the sector is for them and gain information to make decisions about career progression.
What will the course cover?
Each week we will focus on different skills.
The course covers:
- Developing an understanding of sectors and services.
- Recognising the importance of team work and communication.
- Challenging discrimination and prejudice.
- Developing problem solving skills.
- Developing plan / do / review / evaluate skills.
- Developing knowledge and skills around substance misuse.
What could I do when I have finished this course?
After the successful completion of Level 1 you can progress onto Level 2 (the level 2 course will be available from 2023).
You can also progress to:
- access to higher education
- award in substance misuse
- distance learning qualifications.
Where and when will I learn?
Please refer to the timetable for course dates and times. This course is classroom based.
What do I need to bring with me?
- a pen (or a digital device) to take notes
- a file to store your work
How much will the course cost?
This course is free of charge.
What do I do next?
If you require help with the form please contact us on 01325 405601, 07932 869325 or l&[email protected].