Who is this course for?
This course is aimed at anyone seeking opportunities to help boost career development and self-development, both academically and socially.
What entry requirements do I need to start the course?
- Aged 19+
- Have the right to live and work in the UK
- Reside in the DL or TS postcode area, or any area of England in a non-devolved area
- It is recommended that you currently hold, or are working towards, an English qualification at around GCSE old grade C/new grade 4 or Functional Skills Level 1
What is the curriculum intent of this course?
The curriculum intent is to support learners with their career path by identifying strengths and weaknesses and to support learners growth through CV building, use of skills for job searching and using social media platforms to seek employment.
What will the course cover?
- Pre-Employment: In this unit, learners will explore how to use LinkedIn in the job search, skills needed for job searching and how to apply for jobs. Learners will also look at how to develop their strengths, how to write a CV and the kinds of career options available.
- Interview: Learners will learn how to effectively plan for different types of interview, and how to present themselves both physically and verbally in order to create a good impression.
- During Employment: Learners will gain an insight into how to identify and deal with problems such as workplace issues and stress in daily life, as well as learning about digital skills and how to improve these.
What could I do when I have finished this course?
You could progress onto one of our many other Distance Learning or CPD courses, depending on your pathway of choice. Or you may want to achieve a qualification in Maths, English or ICT. Many free courses will be made available to you at the end of this course.
Where and when will I learn?
- You will learn in your own time to set deadlines.
- This course will take place online via our online portal. You will receive your login details during enrolment.
What should I bring with me?
- Access to the internet
- Access to an internet-enabled device (PC, Laptop or iPad/Tablet - smart phones are not suitable for this course)
How much will the course cost?
This course is free.