General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Who is this course for?
This course is for anyone who would like to understand the term GDPR and how to apply it in your setting.
What entry requirements do I need to start the course?
- Aged 19+
- Have the right to live and work in the UK
- Reside in the DL or TS postcode area, or any area of England in a non-devolved area
- It is recommended that you currently hold, or are working towards, an English qualification at around GCSE old grade C/new grade 4 or Functional Skills Level 1
What is the curriculum intent of this course?
The course intent is to equip you with a greater understanding of GDPR, including how to apply its principles in your work and how it promotes the rights of individuals in relation to data collection and management.
What will the course cover?
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) came into effect in Europe on 25th May 2018 and was designed to modernise laws that protect the personal information of individuals. It is essential that anyone who handles personal information is aware of GDPR and how to adhere to it in their work practices. This course will cover 4 sections:
- What is GDPR?
- Principles of GDPR
- Rights of the individual under GDPR
- Your role in relation to GDPR
What could I do when I have finished this course?
You could progress onto one of our many other Distance Learning or CPD courses, depending on your pathway of choice. Or you may want to achieve a qualification in Maths, English or ICT. Many free courses will be made available to you at the end of this course.
Where and when will I learn?
- You will learn in your own time to set deadlines
- This course will take place online via our online portal. You will receive your login details during enrolment
What should I bring with me?
- Access to the internet
- Access to an internet-enabled device (PC, Laptop or iPad/Tablet - smart phones are not suitable for this course)
How much will the course cost?
This course is free.
What should I do next?
If you require help with the form please contact us on 01325 405601, 07932 869325 or l&[email protected]