Principles of Internet Safety
Who is this course for?
This course is for anyone who would like to learn how to effectively stay safe online.
What entry requirements do I need to start the course?
- Aged 19+
- Have the right to live and work in the UK
- Reside in the DL or TS postcode area, or any area of England in a non-devolved area
- It is recommended that you currently hold, or are working towards, an English qualification at around GCSE old grade C/new grade 4 or Functional Skills Level 1
What is the curriculum intent of this course?
The course intent is to highlight particular areas of concern for internet users, such as sharing personal information online and the possibility of being groomed online.
What will the course cover?
- Features of the internet
- How adults, children and young people use the internet
- Risks associated with using the internet
- Staying safe when using the internet
- Recognising online propaganda
What could I do when I have finished this course?
You could progress onto one of our many other Distance Learning or CPD courses, depending on your pathway of choice. Or you may want to achieve a qualification in Maths, English or ICT. Many free courses will be made available to you at the end of this course.
Where and when will I learn?
- You will learn in your own time to set deadlines
- This course will take place online via our online portal. You will receive your login details during enrolment
What should I bring with me?
- Access to the internet
- Access to an internet-enabled device (PC, Laptop or iPad/Tablet - smart phones are not suitable for this course)
How much will the course cost?
This course is free.