Substance Misuse Awareness
Who is this course for?
This course is for anyone who would like to understand Substance Misuse and how to promote healthy choices.
What entry requirements do I need to start the course?
- Aged 19+
- Have the right to live and work in the UK
- Reside in the DL or TS postcode area, or any area of England in a non-devolved area
- It is recommended that you currently hold, or are working towards, an English qualification at around GCSE old grade C/new grade 4 or Functional Skills Level 1
What is the curriculum intent of this course?
The course intent is to develop your awareness and understanding of substance misuse; develop your knowledge on an important, contemporary issue; and equip you with a skill set that is highly transferrable.
What will the course cover?
- The personal and social effects of substance misuse
- The perceptions of and responses to substance misuse
- Ways to promote healthy choices and build resilience
What could I do when I have finished this course?
You could progress onto one of our many other Distance Learning or CPD courses, depending on your pathway of choice. Or you may want to achieve a qualification in Maths, English or ICT. Many free courses will be made available to you at the end of this course.
Where and when will I learn?
- You will learn in your own time to set deadlines
- This course will take place online via our online portal. You will receive your login details during enrolment
What should I bring with me?
- Access to the internet
- Access to an internet-enabled device (PC, Laptop or iPad/Tablet - smart phones are not suitable for this course)
How much will the course cost?
This course is free.
What should I do next?
If you require help with the form please contact us on 01325 405601, 07932 869325 or l&[email protected]