Understanding Equality and Diversity in the Workplace
Who is this course for?
This course is for anyone who would like to upskill within their current role or who would like to add Continuing Professional Development to their current CV in regards to Equality & Diversity.
What entry requirements do I need to start the course?
- Aged 19+
- Have the right to live and work in the UK
- Reside in the DL or TS postcode area, or any area of England in a non-devolved area
- It is recommended that you currently hold, or are working towards, an English qualification at around GCSE old grade C/new grade 4 or Functional Skills Level 1
What is the curriculum intent of this course?
The course intent is to highlight key aspects of equality and diversity and the importance of equality and diversity in the workplace, in society and in communities.
What will the course cover?
- Principles of equality and diversity
- Rights and responsibilities of both employers and employees in the workplace
- Diverse communities
- The importance of working or learning in a place that promotes diversity
What could I do when I have finished this course?
You could progress onto one of our many other Distance Learning or CPD courses, depending on your pathway of choice. Or you may want to achieve a qualification in Maths, English or ICT. Many free courses will be made available to you at the end of this course.
Where and when will I learn?
- You will learn in your own time to set deadlines
- This course will take place online via our online portal. You will receive your login details during enrolment
What should I bring with me?
- Access to the internet
- Access to an internet-enabled device (PC, Laptop or iPad/Tablet - smart phones are not suitable for this course)
How much will the course cost?
This course is free.