Level 2 Diploma for the Early Years Practitioner
Who is this course for?
This qualification is suitable for a range of learners, either working or wishing to work in early years education and care.
What entry requirements do I need to start the course?
- Aged 19+
- Have the right to live and work in the UK
- Has been a UK or EU resident for the previous three years
- Reside in the DL or TS postcode area only
- It is recommended that you currently hold, or are working towards, an English qualification at around GCSE old grade C/new grade 4 or Functional Skills Level 2
- Need to be working in or have access to a placement in an early years setting, as these are not provided
What is the curriculum intent of this course?
This courses helps you to gain the understanding and skills you need to demonstrate to be considered qualified to support young children from birth to 5 years old.
What will the course cover?
This course will cover the following mandatory units:
- Communication with children
- Health and Safety in childcare settings
- Child development
- The role of a practitioner
- Plus more!
What could I do when I have finished this course?
You may gain employment within a relevant sector and/or decide to progress into higher education. You will also be given information and guidance to continue onto other courses with Learning & Skills such as the Level 3 Diploma for the Childrens Workforce (Early Years Educator) or Distance Learning and CPD courses.
Where and when will I learn?
- This course is delivered remotely and you will have access to the Equal online portfolio and support from a specialist tutor
- You will be required to attend our learning centre for bespoke classroom based lessons
- Your course will be at least 12 months in duration but can be completed sooner
- This course is roll on/roll off. You may start at any time of the year
What do I need to bring with me?
You will be required to provide the following:
- Photo ID
- Relevant certificates
How much will the course cost?
- This course is free of charge