Level 3 Award in Education and Training (AET)
Who is this course for?
This course is perfect for you if you want to teach in the lifelong learning (adult and community learning) sector or you are a trainer who has no official teaching qualifications. This course is the first stage of the Certificate in Education. If you feel like university isn’t the right direction for you, or your career aspirations have changed and you want a quick start, this course is the perfect alternative route into the world of teaching. The course will provide you with the essential theoretical skills to teach in the lifelong learning sector and equip you with the necessary practical skills and knowledge needed to deliver training sessions.
What entry requirements do I need to start the course?
- Aged 19+
- Have the right to live and work in the UK
- Has been a UK or EU resident for the previous three years
- Reside in the DL or TS postcode area only
- You must currently hold, or are working towards, an English qualification at GCSE old grade C/new grade 4 or Functional Skills Level 2
What is the curriculum intent of this course?
The course will provide you with the essential theoretical skills to teach in the lifelong learning (adult) sector and equip you with the necessary practical skills and knowledge through a micro-teach session.
What will the course cover?
This introductory teaching Level 3 qualification will allow you to gain the skills and knowledge of:
- The roles and responsibilities of a teacher
- The role of the assessor
- Teaching methods and assessments
- Learning styles
- Establishing ground rules
- Embedding functional skills into lesson plans
- Legislation and codes of practice
- Inclusive learning and Equality & Diversity
- Completion of three assignments including a 30-minute micro teach delivery
What could I do when I have finished this course?
You could apply to teach in the lifelong learning sector. You could advance to the Certificate or Diploma in Education and Training or be exempt for the first part of a PGCE / Certificate in Education (the qualification has a credit value of 12 on the Qualification and Credit Framework and replaces the previous PTLLS qualification).
Where and when will I learn?
This course is classroom based.
Start Date: TBC in September 2023
Duration: 12 weeks
Venue: The Coleridge Centre
Some of the lessons may be delivered online. You will need access to an internet enabled device on which you can access Google Classroom.
What do I need to bring with me?
You will be required to provide the following:
- Photo ID
- Relevant certificates
How much will the course cost?
- Full course fee is £375
- Fee must be paid in full by yourself or your employer prior to the course starting, or you can obtain a loan from student finance
- There may be a fee reduction for those in receipt of certain benefits
What do I do next?
- When completing the funding stream part of the form, please select 'option B'
- If you require help with the form please contact us on 01325 405601, 07932 869325 or l&[email protected]