Level 3 Certificate in Understanding Autism
Who is this course for?
This qualification is designed for anyone Interested in working in the health and social care or education sector. This course is ideal if you wish to develop an in-depth knowledge and understanding of autism which would support your progression into employment in the health and social care or education sector
What entry requirements do I need to start the course?
- Aged 19+
- Have the right to live and work in the UK
- Has been a UK or EU resident for the previous three years
- Reside in the DL or TS postcode area only
- It is recommended that you currently hold, or are working towards, an English qualification at around GCSE old grade C/new grade 4 or Functional Skills Level 2
What is the curriculum intent of this course?
This course intent is aimed to provide you with thorough knowledge and understanding of autism. It will equip you with the skills needed to provide the required support for individuals with autism. This course is ideal for anyone who is interested in employment within the Health and Social care sector.
What will the course cover?
This course will cover 5 separate units:
- Autism and Behaviour Legislation, guidance, information and support relevant to autism
- Living with Autism in society
- Understand best practice in the context of autism
- Understand the diagnosis and management of autism
- Safeguarding and resilience in autism
What could I do when I have finished this course?
You may gain employment within a relevant sector and/or decide to progress into higher education. You will also be given information and guidance to continue onto other courses with Learning & Skills such as Distance Learning and CPD courses.
Where and when will I learn?
- This course is delivered remotely and you will have access to the Equal online portfolio and support from a specialist tutor
- You will be required to attend our learning centre for bespoke classroom based lessons
- Your course will be 12 months in duration but can be completed sooner
- This course is roll on/roll off. You may start at any time of the year
What do I need to bring with me?
You will be required to provide the following:
- Photo ID
- Relevant certificates
How much will the course cost?
- This course is free of charge if it your first Level 3 qualification
- If you have already hold a Level 3 qualification and are earning less than the National Living Wage annually (£27,040), or you are unemployed, the course fee of £724.00 will be waived
- If you have already hold a Level 3 qualification and are earning more than the National Living Wage annually (£27,040), the course fee of £724.00 will be applicable and can be paid in full or part payments by yourself or your employer, or you can obtain a loan from student finance
What do I do next?
- When completing the funding stream part of the form, please select 'option B'
- If you require help with the form please contact us on 01325 405601, 07932 869325 or l&[email protected]