Level 3 Diploma in Children and Young People's Workforce
Who is this course for?
- This course is for those who want to pursue a career in the children and young people sector, or would like to advance their current qualification. If you are not already employed in the sector you will need to secure a volunteer placement within an appropriate setting
- For those who are not yet employed in the sector, you will gain valuable experience whilst you volunteer in a relevant role
- For those already employed in the sector you will further develop your skills and knowledge and take on additional responsibilities
What entry requirements do I need to start the course?
- Aged 19+
- Have the right to live and work in the UK
- Has been a UK or EU resident for the previous three years
- Reside in the DL or TS postcode area only
- It is recommended that you currently hold, or are working towards, an English qualification at around GCSE old grade C/new grade 4 or Functional Skills Level 2
What is the curriculum intent of this course?
- The structure and delivery of the course curriculum will enable learners to gain the knowledge and skills needed to become a worker within children and young people services
- The curriculum is flexible and responsive to learner demands and can be tailored to suit individual needs, arising from any current and dynamic issues affecting their role
What will the course cover?
This qualification provides learners with an in-depth understanding of the knowledge and skills needed when working directly with children and young people, such as:
- Promoting communication in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
- Equality and diversity
- Implementing duty of care
- Child and young person development
- Working together and supporting positive outcomes
- There are also a range of optional units to choose from that you will be able to discuss with your tutor.
What could I do when I have finished this course?
You may gain employment within a relevant sector and/or decide to progress into higher education. You will also be given information and guidance to continue onto other courses. Roles you may which to progress into could include:
- Supporting Teaching
- Learning Workers - who visit families of pre-school children at home
- Foster Carers
- Children and Families Social Workers
- Youth Worker
- Community Care Officer
- Professional Assistant
- Family Centre Worker
Where and when will I learn?
- This course is delivered remotely and you will have access to the Equal online portfolio and support from a specialist tutor
- You will be required to attend our learning centre for bespoke classroom based lessons
- Your course will be 12 months in duration but can be completed sooner
- This course is roll on/roll off. You may start at any time of the year
What do I need to bring with me?
You will be required to provide the following:
- Photo ID
- Relevant certificates
How much will the course cost?
- This course is free of charge if it your first Level 3 qualification
- If you have already hold a Level 3 qualification and are earning less than the National Living Wage annually (£27,040), or you are unemployed, the course fee of £2573.00 will be waived
- If you have already hold a Level 3 qualification and are earning more than the National Living Wage annually (£27,040), the course fee of £2573.00 will be applicable and can be paid in full or part payments by yourself or your employer, or you can obtain a loan from student finance
What do I do next?
- When completing the funding stream part of the form, please select 'option B'
- If you require help with the form please contact us on 01325 405601, 07932 869325 or l&[email protected]