Level 3 Diploma in Healthcare Support
Who is this course for?
- This course is for those who want to pursue a career in the healthcare sector, or would like to progress their qualification. If you are not already employed in the sector you will need to secure a volunteer placement within an appropriate healthcare setting
- For those who are not yet employed in the sector, you will gain valuable experience whilst you volunteer in a relevant healthcare support role
- For those already employed in the sector you will further develop your skills and knowledge and take on additional responsibilities
What entry requirements do I need to start the course?
- Aged 19+
- Have the right to live and work in the UK
- Has been a UK or EU resident for the previous three years
- Reside in the DL or TS postcode area only
- It is recommended that you currently hold, or are working towards, an English qualification at around GCSE old grade C/new grade 4 or Functional Skills Level 2
What is the curriculum intent of this course?
- The structure and delivery of the course curriculum will enable learners to develop their skills, knowledge and behaviours to reflect the needs of local and regional employers, gain qualifications and be successful in this area
- The curriculum is planned and sequenced to enable learners with or without previous knowledge and experience to develop the new skills needed to progress to the next stage of their career, training, education or employment
- The curriculum is flexible and responsive to learner demands and can be tailored to suit individual needs, arising from any current and dynamic issues affecting their role, which can be addressed during workshop sessions
- As an Healthcare Support Diploma learner you will need to be able to demonstrate appropriate competencies and knowledge, while understanding how this reflects the needs of the local, regional and national economy
What will the course cover?
This qualification provides learners with an in-depth understanding of the knowledge and skills needed when working directly with individuals in a healthcare setting. This qualification consists of 15 mandatory units and a choice of optional units that reflect the job role and sector the learner is working in. The content is applicable to a variety of roles, examples of which are included below:
- Adult Nursing Support
- Maternity Support
- Theatre Support
- Mental Health Support
- Children and Young People’s Support
- Allied Health Profession (therapy support)
What could I do when I have finished this course?
You may gain employment within a relevant sector and/or decide to progress into further education. You will also be given information and guidance to continue onto other courses.
On completion of the Diploma in Healthcare Support Level 3, learners can progress into employment within a variety of healthcare settings such as:
- Senior Healthcare Support Worker
- Senior Healthcare Assistant
- Maternity Support Worker
- Theatre Support Worker
- Mental Health Support Worker
- Children and Young People Support Worker
- Therapy Support Worker
- Rehabilitation Assistant
- Enablement Worker
Where and when will I learn?
- This course is delivered remotely and you will have access to the Equal online portfolio and support from a specialist tutor
- You will be required to attend our learning centre for bespoke classroom based lessons
- Your course will be 12 months in duration but can be completed sooner
- This course is roll on/roll off. You may start at any time of the year
What do I need to bring with me?
- a notepad
- a pen (or a digital device) to take notes
How much will the course cost?
- This course is free of charge if it your first Level 3 qualification
- If you have already hold a Level 3 qualification and are earning less than the National Living Wage annually (£33,210), or you are unemployed, the course fee of £1987.00 will be waived
- If you have already hold a Level 3 qualification and are earning more than the National Living Wage annually (£33,210), the course fee of £1987.00 will be applicable and can be paid in full or part payments by yourself or your employer, or you can obtain a loan from student finance