Enrolling onto a Course
To enrol onto a course please read the following information.
- You must book your place on a course prior to the course starting. Our courses run subject to demand
- Please read the pre-course information associated with the course on our website
- Apply online* for the course. When you enrol for a course you will need to provide personal details. Some of the details asked during enrolment may not seem applicable, but we must ask these questions and you must answer them in order to
*You can apply online for every course. Alternatively, you can apply over the phone, by text/WhatsApp, by email or in person at any of our venues - contact us
- The majority of our courses are free of charge so no fee will need to be paid
- For courses with a fee you will need to pay the full course fee in advance to secure your place, or apply for a student loan
- You can pay over the phone with a debit/credit card (American Express is not accepted)
- You can pay in person at The Coleridge Centre with cash or cheque (cheques must be made payable to Learning & Skills Darlington Borough Council)
- You will be issued with a receipt upon payment of a course
- What will happen if the demand is not met for a course?
Courses will be cancelled if the demand is not met. We will advertise the course for a future date and endeavour to keep you updated.
- Will you keep my details on file if a course is cancelled?
Only if you give us permission too, otherwise your information will be deleted. We will ask your permission when we inform you that your course is cancelled.
- I paid for the course, what will happen to my money?
A full refund will be issued if we have to cancel a paid-for-course.