Registration and information
Thank you for considering subscribing to Darlington Borough Council's garden waste collection service. Please carefully follow the instructions sent to you after signing up for the service when you received your new garden waste bin.
The collection crew will not empty any bin that does not display a valid subscription sticker. Your sticker therefore needs to be clearly visible to ensure that the collection crew can see it and empty your bin(s).
If your sticker becomes lost or detached please contact us by email at [email protected]
- Please see below for details of what can and cannot go into your garden waste bin
- Collection dates will be available at a later date on the online postcode checker but the times may vary so please make sure that your bin is out for collection by 7am.
- The bin lid(s) must be completely closed and no side waste will be collected, i.e. no extra waste next to the bin(s) or placed on the lid(s).
- Serious incidents or significant weather events could cause the service to be cancelled without return or refund. Details will be posted on the council's website.
- Garden waste must be put in the bin loose - do not use bags.
- Please make sure your bin handle faces the road and the subscription sticker is clearly visible.
- Your garden waste collection day may differ from your normal recycling and waste collection days.
- Garden waste bins which are considered by the collection crew to be too heavy for safe handling will not be emptied.