In July 2019, Members acknowledged the threat of climate change and passed a motion committing the Council to reach net zero carbon emissions by 2050.
As part of our commitment we have developed a strategy and action plan to set out the baseline of our own carbon emissions, to identify the key actions and intervention measures required to meet this commitment and what measures we will take to deal with unavoidable impacts of climate change.
- Darlington Borough Council climate change strategy [pdf document]
- Climate change action plan [pdf document]
- Climate change report 2020/21 [pdf document]
- Climate change report 2021/22 [pdf document]
- Progress on 10 of our projects [pdf document]
We are also members of the Tees Valley Combined Authority, which produced a region-wide climate change strategy in 2010.
Tees Valley climate change strategy [pdf document]