Paying for services provided in the community (Home Care)

Financial assessment

Click on the button below to complete an indicative financial assessment to see what contributions you may need to make towards any potential care package.

  Start my financial assessment

To discuss your care and support needs further please contact the Adult Duty Team who will arrange a financial assessment or review if required, please contact:

Darlington Adult Social Care, along with all other local authorities, must follow Government guidance when making decisions about how to operate their charging policy for home care (or non-residential) services, for example day care, personal care.

If you are assessed as needing support and want to apply to Adult Social Care for help towards the cost, then a financial assessment will need to be completed in accordance with Darlington’s charging policy.

Further information on charging for non-residential care


Paying for non residential social care and support [pdf document]


Care at home charging policy [pdf document]