Extra Care Housing is provided for people who do not need or want to move in to long term care, with suitable housing and support from a trained care team.
Adult Social Care aim to provide high quality care which will help, support and enable people to remain in their own homes within the Extra Care schemes.
The services which are offered include
- Assistance with personal care
- Assistance with bathing/showering
- Assistance with meal preparation
- Escorting to the dining room for a hot meal at lunchtime
- Supervision and assistance with medication
- 24 hour emergency assistance available across all schemes
- Support to attend social events in your scheme (including coffee mornings, exercise classes, bingo and quizzes)
There are currently four Extra Care Housing schemes in Darlington
These schemes provide self-contained flats to rent with
- A range of additional communal facilities (including a common room and laundry room)
- Warden services
- On-site home care
- Hairdresser and chiropody service available at an extra charge
- Assistive technology flat for demonstrations to members of the public
You can view more information on each of the Extra Care Schemes.
The service in Extra Care schemes is provided by Making Space [external link].
The service is inspected regularly. You can view previous inspection reports on the Care Quality Commission website [external link].
If you or someone you know may benefit from this service then please contact us.