Cookie Consent by Cookie Consent by Darlington Borough Council - Registration


Adult Social Care are required by law to keep a register of blind and partially sighted people in Darlington. 

 Registration is entirely voluntary and you do not have to be registered to ask for help with sight problems. If you register, it may help you to qualify for some benefits.

If you wish to register, ask your GP for more information as you will need to be referred to the hospital for an examination by a Consultant Ophthalmologist. If you are already attending an Eye Hospital, talk to your Ophthalmic Consultant about eligibility for registration.

The results of your examination for registration will be passed to Adult Social Care and you will be offered an appointment to undertake an assessment of your needs.