Darlington is now under National Restrictions.
Darlington is now under National Restrictions[external link]. We must all follow the rules to control the spread and protect each other.
Find out more on what the latest National lockdown: Stay at Home Guidance might mean for you on the GOV.UK website[external link].
The restrictions mean that you must only leave home to:
- shop for basic necessities, for you or a vulnerable person
- go to work, or provide voluntary or charitable services, if you cannot reasonably do so from home
- exercise with your household (or support bubble) or one other person, this should be limited to once per day, and you should not travel outside your local area.
- meet your support bubble[external link] or childcare bubble [external link] where necessary, but only if you are legally permitted to form one
- seek medical assistance or avoid injury, illness or risk of harm (including domestic abuse)
attend education or childcare - for those eligible
How can I report issues of non-compliance with the current closures and restrictions?
If you are aware of issues relating to the closure of premises then you should contact the council's environmental health team on [email protected] or 01325 405111. If the issue relates to social gatherings or groups of people behaving in a way they shouldn’t then you should contact the police.