COVID-19: latest information and advice
From 13 December, new restrictions have been introduced.
The virus has not gone away. To help keep Darlington safe, we must all play our part in preventing the spread of COVID-19 this winter. You can play your part by:
- Wearing a face covering where you are legally required to do so, unless exempt
- Working from home if you can
- get the vaccine as soon as possible - including first, second and booster doses if eligible
- if you have symptoms including a high temperature, a new continuous cough or a change in your sense of taste or smell, stay at home andarrange a test [external link] immediately
- be cautious - wash your hands regularly, wear a face covering in appropriate places and meet outdoors where you can
- posters for businesses in Darlington
- translated materials
Become a volunteer
Give your time to help support those in need during the pandemic.
Changes to council services
Information on the latest changes to council services.
Health and wellbeing
Advice and guidance on looking after your health and wellbeing during the Covid-19 pandemic.
Flu vaccine and coronavirus
Both vaccines are essential this winter
Covid-19 vaccine information
Advice and guidance on the Covid-19 vaccine for Darlington residents.
DBC corporate COVID-19 risk assessment [pdf document]
This Corporate Risk Assessment COVID-19 has been published in accordance with the requirements of the Government guidelines, Working Safely During Coronavirus (COVID-19).
As the health and wellbeing of our staff and residents remains our first priority, many of the changes we've made to our services during the pandemic will remain in place despite legal restrictions lifting. Enhanced safety measures are also still in place within our buildings.
This risk assessment sets out the steps we have taken to comply with the Government’s guidance on managing the risk of COVID-19 and will be subject to regular review and supplemented by activity specific risk assessments and safe systems of work.