Local Restrictions Support Grant Tier 3 from 02/12/2020 to 30/12/2020
Local Restrictions Support Grant Tier 3 – From 02/12/2020
On the 26th November 2020, the Prime Minister announced a series of Local Lockdown Tier Restrictions in England[external link] which are due to commence on 2nd December 2020.
Following these announcements, it has been determined that Darlington will be placed into Tier 3.
Under the Tier 3 restrictions, a significant number of businesses are mandated to close to manage the spread of coronavirus. These businesses include:
- Hospitality venues such as cafes, restaurants, pubs, bars and social clubs; with the exception of providing food and drink for takeaway, click-and-collect, drive-through or delivery
- Accommodation such as hotels, hostels, guest houses and campsites. Except for specific circumstances, such as where these act as someone’s main residence, where they cannot return home, for homeless people, or where it is essential to stay there for work purposes
- Entertainment venues such as theatres, cinemas, museums and galleries, bingo halls, snooker halls, and soft play.
To support those businesses that are legally required to close, certain grants are being made available.
- Businesses who are liable for business rates and are occupying properties appearing on council records and the local rating list with a rateable value of exactly £15,000 or under on the 2nd December 2020, will receive a payment of £667 for each 14-day qualifying restriction period.
- Businesses who are liable for business rates and are occupying properties appearing on council records and the local rating list with a rateable value over £15,000 and less than £51,000 on the 2nd December 2020, will receive a payment of £1,000 for each 14-day qualifying restriction period.
- Businesses who are liable for business rates and are occupying properties appearing on council records and the local rating list with a rateable value of exactly £51,000 or above on the 2nd December 2020, will receive £1,500 for each 14-day qualifying restriction period.
The funding will be provided on a rolling 14-day basis for as long as the Tier 3 restrictions apply – after you have submitted your first application for this grant you will not need to re-apply for any subsequent 14 day period.
This grant is subject to State Aid limits. The maximum level of aid that a company may receive is €800,000 under the terms of the European Commission’s Covid-19 Temporary Framework, this is in addition to the existing EU State Aid De-Minimis Regulations which allows €200,000 to any one organisation over a three year period.
Grant income received by a business is taxable and will need to be included as income in the tax return of the business.
To make a claim for support please use the Government Grant Support to Business Tier 3 form - you will need your Business Rates payment reference which can be found on the top left hand corner of your most recent bill.
If your business occupies a property that is not registered for business rates, or has not been legally mandated to close, please do not try to apply for the above grant.
This will take resource away from where it is most needed and will delay any grant payments from being made.
Business Support Organisations
If you are concerned that your business will not be able to cover payment of taxes as a consequence of COVID-19, you can access advice and guidance via the Tax Helpline[external link] or on 0800 0159 559
- Tees Valley Business Growth Hub [external link]
- Federation of Small Businesses [external link]
- Darlington Business Club [external link]
- North-East Chamber of Commerce [external link]
Darlington’s Business Investment Team can offer help with advice and guidance on how to access the business rates measures and grants. Please contact: [email protected]
Tees Valley Combined Authority has a simple and clear webpage that provides businesses with clarity in finding and applying for support.
- Email:[email protected]
- Web: Tees Valley website latest Coronavirus information [external link]
- Telephone Helpline: 01642 662777