If you are worried about managing your tenancy our Housing Plus service may be able to help you.
What Housing Plus can do?
It can help you maintain your tenancy in a number of ways. For example:
- Helping you to claim housing benefits and refer you to the council’s Tenancy Sustainment team if you need more help
- Help with budgeting
- Help to set up a bank account and how to pay your rent
- Provide advice on how to look after your property
- Deal with problems you may have with neighbours or the area you live in
- Assist with accessing other services
- Assist and advise if you are having difficulties managing your tenancy
The overall aim will be for the tenant to maintain a stable tenancy on a long term basis
Who can apply?
This service is available to new and existing Council tenants:
New Tenants - we will ask you to complete a brief form when you sign up for your tenancy or you can tell us you need help when an offer of a tenancy is made
Existing Tenants - you can contact us through your local housing officer or contact us on the number below
Is there a charge?- There is a charge which may be covered by housing benefit if you are eligible.
Email: [email protected]
If you are an existing tenant you can speak to your Tenancy Housing Officer.
Housing Plus leaflet [pdf document]