How and where can I pay my rent?

  • If your rent account is up to date the easiest way to pay is by direct debit [pdf document]
  • You can also pay by standing order [pdf document], but you must contact your Management Officer to confirm your payments
  • Why not pay your rent online? [external link]
  • You can view your balance on My Darlington+ (although you can't use My Darlington+ to pay) 
  • Payment by credit or debit card can be done by calling 0300 456 2671
  • You can also pay at:
    • any Post Office or Pay Zone in the country
    • cash or card payments can be made between Monday and Friday in the Customer Services Centre, Town Hall
    • Fore more details please readhow can I pay my rent[pdf document]

If you are on a low income, you may be entitled to housing benefit to pay part of your rent. If you are unsure as to how much benefit you are entitled to please use the benefits calculator [external link]. Whilst every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the Benefits calculations, please note that they should only be used as a rough guide. If you think you are entitled to benefit, please apply.

What will my reference number be?

This will be the 9 digit tenancy number shown on the bottom right hand side of your Girobank plastic card or contact us and we will advise you. If you have lost your card we will replace it free of charge within 7-10 working days.

When will my payment reach my account?

Your account will be updated overnight. However payments made on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday will not show on your account until the Monday of the new rent week.

How will I know what my balance is?

We will supply a statement of your rent on quarterly basis detailing the payment you have made and the current balance. 

You can also contact us to request this information or view your balance on My Darlington+.

I can't pay my rent

If you are experiencing problems paying your rent you will need to contact us urgently. We will give you advice. If you don't tell us you have a problem, or keep to an agreement to pay off the debt, we may have no alternative but to take legal action against you and you will still have to pay us what you owe us.